Friday, April 04, 2008

No Fun

Well, first surprise about working for a big company that handles money: they're completely paranoid.

I cannot enter the building with USBs, CDs, DVDs, iPod, Palm, nothing... Which means no music, which means no "whistle while you work" or "spoonful of sugar" or anything like that... If they try to take my Blackberry I'll quit on the spot... I think.

To make it worse, I think some guy of my team screwed up at some point and now we don't have the password for the proxy, which means NO INTERNET!!! Soooo I better start learning the Java API by heart, that should be easy... Btw, I know, no Internet also means no instant messaging...

Will I get used to this total lack of contact to the outside world?? Make your bets!!!

PS. I'll try to post a lot more from that cool phone publishing feature I discovered a while ago. Feedback will be necessary in order to avoid insanity.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Cheer up, Inge. This might as well be for the best. It's not THAT difficult to get used to a lack of any background musical entertainment.
Good luck with the Java API.
It seems that you'll have to find a way to entertain yourself with your own mind and imagination. It's not THAT difficult... they say.

PoNCh said...

Thank you, as always, for your kind comments, Inge. It's really tough getting used to doing something you just don't like... We have to cling to the little things that one day might become big things, like your novel or my script... Hope must not be lost.

KillerFry said...

Indeed, if work is no fun, you better make DAMN sure you have something to go to after work ;) That's why I don't wanna sleep or do anything else but work on my 3D engine, because all the time I'm at work, it's no fun, I wanna be doing something else!!!

Yet, it is a fact I need the damned money... damn money!!!

 
Free counter and web stats